Harman Pressure ignition retrofit for PB-105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

White00s10

Feb 24, 2021
Concord NY
Hello all, I've been running my pb105 and learning all the ins and out of the unit over these 2 years, I've got just one question.

Does Harman still produce the pressure ignition retrofit kit? I've got a 2006 Model with the original finned ignitor, and while it works, it can take upwards of 5-6 minutes to ignite the pellets, and by that time, my water jacket temps are hovering around 145-150.

If the kit is no longer produced, what components would I need to make it happen?

I currently have

New upgraded heavy duty stainless burn pot.
Brand new board as of last year
Red wire esp.

Also, is there any diagrams or does anyone have any pictures of how their pressure ignitor is setup/run? im having trouble wrapping my head around how it operates without directly seeing it in the unit.

Thanks!