Harman SF 2500A Air Adjustments?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

royk

Feb 27, 2011
NH
Hello, I am new to the forum and would like some help on understanding and adjusting the air flow to my Harman 2500A wood furnace. Aside from the damper on the ash door there are three other points of air entry into the stove. The first is the idle valve which is on the damper itself. How should this be set? The other two points of entry are two round (screw type) knobs on the main furnace door. What are these for and how should they be set? I ask this because recently the furnace has been 'back puffing' from the damper when the damper closes due to the air temp reaching it's set point (about 200 deg F). The damper closes and then i occasionally get a back puff coming from the damper. I am hoping that the answer to the first two questions can help me solve this last one. I have cleaned the flue twice this year already thinking that may be a cause but it has been relatively clean. The local distributor has not been too much help. Thanks for any help you may offer.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.