Harman Thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timjk69

Nov 12, 2006
I have a Harman Advance. I tried using a simple thermostat in line with the sensing probe. I did this to keep the stove from running all day in idle mode. With the stat it seems like the stove and hopper gets too hot when it cycles off and shuts the stove off as opposed to slowly idling down. Anyone have input on using this setup with their Harman? Do other brand stoves shut off the convection blower as soon as soon as the stat opens? I do like the way it cycles off and on but am concerned about the temp of the stove itself when it cycles off.

I'm 99% certain my fan stays on after it goes into 4 blink mode. This should be a function of the ESP probe. Is you stove a 2006? Maybe it's a function of that era circuit board. Only guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.