Harman XXV dist. blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samandlillie

Oct 2, 2007
My four year old XXV has worked flawlessly until now.The stove lights fine in about 5 min.in room temp mode.However the distribution blower does not come on even when there is lots of fire in the burn pot.When I turn it to stove temp mode, the dist blower comes on as it should. In test mode, all components work as they should.After about 20 min. and I put the stove back in room temp mode,the dist blower now works.It seems that the stove does not sense the temperature until it is really hot.BTW,the temp guide is set to max.The stove is clean, the ESP is clean.Any ideas? The stove is only used as a back up for heat pump .

my harman invincible rs does strange things once in a while
turning the room stove temp to the off position resets the board
i have to do this on occasion
also the rheostats get dead spots, try a slightly higher or lower setting
mine messes up on 7 but runs perfect on 6 3/4
need to look for a new pot or board soon

I agree with iron. The ded spot problem seems to be a major issue on these Harmans.

Thanks for the replies. Yes,there is no rhyme or reason to the controls, it seems they have to align up in random to operate the dist blower in room temp mode.For sure the temp. control has to be above the temt. in the room, but why would moving the temp. knob any higher have any effect on the dist. blower. Weird!!! My XXV has been used very little for the last two years only supplements the heat pump on high humidity days so the controls should not be worn out. Any other XXV owners have this problem?

i've seen the contacts on the pots get dirty and just not connect....usually just a lil oxidization. sometmes just turning the knob a few times back and forth can fix this...or its its tenacious, get yourself some electronics contact cleaner at a radioshack or something, just a wee squirt in the pot with fix it right up....usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.