Harman XXV install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegared

Dec 14, 2010
Felton, PA
Finally finished enough of the room so I could install the stove I bought last year.

Hearth pad is slate tile. Need to ID a nice border tile yet and work on the built-ins before I can do the floor (eng hardwood)

Pipe is 3" duravent PVP. Up on the inside and out through the wall. OAK is duravent CAS kit integrated into the thimble with the wall channel.

So far so good, just trying sort the settings to get the most heat and reasonable pellet usage. Wish the room
was closer to done so I could spend more time in there relaxing.

Pics
8926bcda.gif

998cf441.gif

5e3bdf0b.gif

d71643e7.gif

Thanks
Bob

Looks very very nice. Good JOB! :)

What is that you used as a reducer on your OAK?

I see a pipe clamp on your exhaust, does it have some RTV on it as well?

Also, don't forgot about a surge protector.

The reducer was something that came with the CAS kit. WOrked out well to convert the tube sizes. It's not perfect, but it appears to work. At some point I might do something to make a tapered one that fits the two tubes more accurately.

I have RTV on the pipe where it goes into the thimble, but the hose clamps made me feel better about the fit of the pipe in the thimble not being tight. Wanted to have something physical to make sure it couldn't move if bumped.

I have a surge protector outlet installed. Since I wired the room it was pretty easy to incorporate vs a plug in surge protector

THanks
Bob

nice looking stove it will be nice when you are done. question for you is the tile on plywood flooring or did you put a cement board down or is that fire rated plywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.