Harman XXV worked yesterday, cleaned fully now won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the Comb blower on my Harman insert this year. Best thing I have ever done. It is like a brand new stove now. (It's 8-10 years old). No squeaks, rattles, vibrations, nothing. It cured a bunch of issues I would never have associated with the comb blower.

Glad to hear you are up and running again.
Hopefully the warranty will cover the cost of the part for ya.

Update on the warranty question- I was less than two weeks over my warranty period when the comb blower motor went and the cheapskates wouldn't even cover the cost of the part. I did the labor and diagnosis to find the issue. Highly disappointed since most car warranties will cut you some slack.

Maineiac said:
Update on the warranty question- I was less than two weeks over my warranty period when the comb blower motor went and the cheapskates wouldn't even cover the cost of the part. I did the labor and diagnosis to find the issue. Highly disappointed since most car warranties will cut you some slack.

The dealer should have cut you some slack on the price... too bad he didn't and that probably lost him a customer in the future.

I just can't understand the folks who don't take the extra step to keep a customer....

Maineiac said:
Looks like the blower is bad. I am not 100% sure I had a perfect connection by sticking the ends of stripped wire into the end of the clip on the blower but there was no movement of the fan and I wasn't going to hang onto it after plugging it in. Now my next question is where do I get the fan and does the wiring go together easily or am I better off finding a technician to do the work? The clip doesn't look like it comes off to easily plug the new one in.

Since your going to be pulling the blower out anyway, after removal, connect 110v with an old lamp cord directly to the blower leads, and see if it tries to start....even give the fan a little nudge. If nothing happens, then you are 100% sure it's the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.