Harmann pp38+ fan starts and then shuts off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbre

Dec 7, 2010
ont. canada
hi there my Harman has been giving me trouble i was wondering the pellet pigs could help.. i have been having to turn the dial all the way to the front and then all the way back to the turbo setting sometimes the fan starts sometimes it takes a couple of times before it comes on..now everytime i start the stove the fan starts and overflows the hopper but after about 3 mins the fan shuts off any suggestions....

my guess is dirty ESP probe.

is that the probe inside the exhaust vent
and how is the easiest way to clean it

indeed it is....take off the lower body panel, same side as the control board...find the 1/4" screw that hold the probe in place (about 1/2" in front of where the exhaust flange mounts to the stove) pull probe straight out (as not to bend it) , and wipe down with wet paper towel. While you have the probe out, inspect venting for ash and clean as necessary. reinstall probe and you've got it.

Hi Delta _T ok so i took the probe out and it didnt look too bad but i cleaned it off and put it back in restarted the stove and same thing..the auger and blower comes on the fire actually blowes inself out the fan goes off but the auger continues to run and fills the fire pot

if you turn the knob from off to turbo, you are not turning the unit "on", you are telling it to go to "test" mode. This will turn the blower on for a short time only. the normal operation tells the blower not to come on until the unit is above 165 degrees, so its not blowing cold air at you. If you've got a clean stove and light a proper fire you willusually see the fan come on within about 5-6 minutes. If you do not have a large enough fire to start with, when you close the door, you're just blowing it out. Try lighting the small fire, close the door most of the way, and then turn the unit on, but not to turbo (save that for after the stove is going). When the fire spreads to the bulk of the pellets you can latch the door and you should be all set.

ok sooo i have tried cleaning that and used the leaf blower from the inside to blow out the chimney (even thou my weekly cleaning including that was yesterday) now a large pot of coffee three deep breaths and i am going to try this ^&**%$$ stove again..... :ahhh:

+1 on the torch...i like torches.

how about gas torch blocks of fire starter and hand sanitizer..the ironic thing is i have lived in the bush all my life and can start a fire with flint stones and cedar boughs in the snow and i have been fighting with this stove for 2 hrs time for the gasoline..lol i think i may have gotten it going

THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP YOU GUYS ROCK

Something I got from this forum, pellets & starter gel , shake in container, set few minutes, put it in the stove, light it, away it goes. Worked perfect this morning....

gfreek said:
...... light it, away it goes. Worked perfect this morning....

You live in Buffalo, and your stove was off? ;-P I'm "down south" near Newburgh, and the stove hasn't been shut off (except for cleanings) since November.

Yup the other day the temp almost hit 50. Shut it down for the day, cleaned it and fired it up the next morning before work..

Status
Not open for further replies.