Harmon Accentra Auger Won't Turn On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
Hello!
I actually own an Enviro Milan, but this question is for my sister....

She owns the Harmon Accentra insert. This insert is one year old. Last spring I cleaned it for her, and there did not appear to be any problems.

She went to turn it on today and tells me the red "distribution" light will is not on, and the auger is not feeding pellets. She says the auger does not appear to be making any noise at all. She said that the red "distribution" light used to turn on when she started it. She advises that the stove does start, and everything else seems fine, just the auger.

I know that I unplugged internal electrical wires to take it apart, and thought that I put them back together the same way.

Did I screw something up? there is only one main fuse for everything, correct? Or, just a coincidence and the auger motor is gone?

Sounds like the stoves vacuum switch is not closing the circuit for the feed motor to run. Or has a door safety switch that might be open? Sure that the auto ignition switch is on. I made a trip once to find someone had forgot one switch off because they got so used to just turning the unit on that after a servicing the settings had been changed:)

Did you or your sister stuff anything into the vent to keep moisture out during the summer, and forget to take it out? I did that once. Is the hopper lid shut tight? Did that too....Another poster recently had that problem, a bird had flown into the vent and was stuck in the fan.

AAHH!! This one was on me!! I took off the combustion motor to clean it, and apparently when I put it back in, I put in in a little crooked, and the fan wouldn't spin.
The man reseated the blower, started it up, and all was fine.

2 minutes and $130 later!!!!

No fan, no fire. The bill about the same as if he would have done a cleaning?

Lesson learned. Learn by our mistakes etc.,etc. Hope sis doesn't rub it in to hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.