Harmon Accentra insert will not start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford351

Feb 2, 2009
western,ma
I have a Accentra insert and installed it in 2005. Have not used it for a year, since it it is in basement. I went to start it up, plugged it in and the auger will not turn. The igniter light is on along with the auger , but nothing happens. When I first plug it in it blinks twice pauses three seconds and blinks twice. The manuel has nothing for two blinks. The stove has not been used much. My St. Croix (which is upstairs) has been running flawlessly for 9 years. Anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

I'm assuming from what you've written that there are no pellets being fed to the burn pot, is that correct?

I've noticed on our stove, if it's been turned off when we're away for the weekend, I have to turn the temperature up higher to get the stove started, otherwise it'll fill the burn pot with pellets, tries to ignite, then shuts down. So I turn the temperature up higher, let the fire get going, then turn the temperature down to where I want it.

Have you tried it on manual feed as well as room temp? Have you double checked all of the settings?

I have tried stove temp, room temp and even test mode. On test mode the heat fan works, but the auger does not move and the combustion fan does not work. I have pulled it out and all wires are connected and the fuse is still good. This stove has had very little use and has been unpluged from the wall unless in use. The auger never moves and the combustion fan never comes on either.

Having same problem with new insert.
Was running then went out.
In test mode distrubution fan starts but not combustion fan.
Auger will not feed pellets if combustion fan is not running.
I talked to rep today, he had me put a small piece of paper in burn pot then put in test mode. If paper dosenot blow off then the combustion fan is definetly the problem.
Can you turn the shaft on the combustion fan.
You need a negative pressure in the pellet hopper and posative pessure in fire chamber for the safty swicth to let the auger feed in the pellets.
It sounds like the combution fan.

YES.... what PVGUY said...
Comb blowers tend to seize up after not running all summer..... let alone a year .........see if you can turn the blower by hand...

I spun the combustion fan, it turned but not smooth and free. Cleaned it out and it works now. The ash in there must have hardened up and the motor could not turn it. Thank you guys for the help, works good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.