Harmon Accentra Pellet insert stove issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cstumpf

Feb 22, 2011
Western CT
I have owned my pellet stove for two years now and have not removed it to clean the blowers and feed chamber. I tried to pull it out but it won't budge. The latches are released, does anything else have to be removed or losened to get it to pull out? Could it just be frozen from not being removed, and if it is how do I get it freed up? Any suggestions

open the side wings and pull the ashlip out. some times you gotta wiggle it side to side to get the unit out.

I only pull mine out once a year. I seem to have more trouble getting it back in. I am thinking I might start pulling it out once during the middle of the year as well. Make sure you clean the ESP probe and the combustion motor fan blades while it is out. You should also clean out the flu pipe. I have a liner that goes all the up the the chimney so it accumulates a lot of ash throughout the season.

I have the Accentra insert.

These things are super heavy, and it takes two strong backs to lift and wiggle mine out over the hearth pad. I'd say you just need a little more lift and pull to get it out.

It may be harder to pull out if you havent done it in two years. Also if the hopper is full thats at least an extra 40 pounds to pull out. But just keep working at it. If you have the 2 spring clips unlatched and the cast ash lip removed then it should pull out.

It may be harder to pull out if you havent done it in two years. Also if the hopper is full thats at least an extra 40 pounds to pull out. But just keep working at it. If you have the 2 spring clips unlatched and the cast ash lip removed then it should pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.