Harmon Mirror glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
Besides the stated Harman XXV Pellet Stove are all harmon stoves mirrored glass. Does it work well or still needs to be cleaned to work?

I find that it still occaisionally needs to be cleaned. I think I'd clean it anyways being the nitpick that I am. I still get ash during burn but it cleans completely off.

I love the mirrored glass!
If the stove is off, it hides the dirty glass when I have not
gotten around to cleaning it inside.

flashbang said:
Besides the stated Harman XXV Pellet Stove are all harmon stoves mirrored glass. Does it work well or still needs to be cleaned to work?

The only models that currently have mirrored glass are the XXV and the P68.
The glass from the XXV however, is the same size as the Accentra Insert

Hi,

I just got my P-68 delivered last week, running it 24x7 with Hamer Hot Ones and have it set on "room temp' of 75. It's located on my 1st floor (which is ground level).
I want it to heat my whole house (2200 sq ft house, split level, very open floor plan) and so far 1st level has been 75, 2nd level is 71 & 3rd floor is about 66 so far.

It hasn't been that cold here in Baltimore yet (60-70/day, 45-55/night).
I have a few questions to see if I am running this the best way to heat my whole house.

1. Looks like I am going through 1 bag a day with the temps stated above. Was trying to prepare (I only ordered 1 ton) how many tons I'll need from now to April. I am guessing 4 tons, but was wondering if anyone in this area could give me a better idea.

2. I have the mirrored glass, but have to clean it at least once a day because of the soot that forms at the top half of the inside glass. This may be normal for running it 24x7, but wasn't sure.

Other than those 2 questions, I love my P-68 :)

Thanks for any help on my 2 inquiries,
Laurie

I find I burn a bag a day with those temps too.P68 here too. I turn it down though when it gets warmer outside,since no one is upstairs in the daytime anyway,but 75 on auto,gets the first and second floor 72 and 68-69 respectively.I closed in my attic,but I am still sheetorcking but it should heat something up there too to some degree. When it gets colder out here,I went thru some days 2 bags,but it was 10 degrees out LOL and I was toasty at 78 in the big room the unit is in:)

Glass will get dirty,its normal

Anything else you want to know PM me and I will try to help.

Great stove,well worth it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.