Harmon XXV Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbean1025

Mar 21, 2007
Southern New Hampshire
I know I have asked a few ignitor questions but I am trying to understand the process. My ignitor will sometimes work and other times not. My burn pot is spotless and all of the air holes in the pot are clear. I can turn the stove on in auto ignite with it starting fine at one point but then it will fail to ignite with the ignitor not heating up on others. The ignitor does not look distorted or warped. The ESP is also clean (wiped it clean yesterday). Are there any other issues that could cause the ignitor to be inconsistent? I don't want to change the ignitor only to have what ever tells the ignitor to work be the problem. My wife also swears that if she turns the heat over 65 the ignitor will work, does this make any sense.

the only way to check the ignitor is to check the resistance between the two leads....should be 46-49 ohms.....anything less than that would be a cause....could be the circuit board as well.....also a poor seal somewhere.....check the cover on the fnies box and make sure the top tab is engaged one the cover to that tab....we've run into a few that were not, and we chased ghosts for quite some time on that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.