Hartman PF-100 seems to not be getting power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nowa328

Jan 26, 2022
Western Massachusetts
Just bought a house with a low hour PF-100 pellet furnace integrated into the forced hot air heating system. Had a quick run down of how it works and how to clean it and after about 1 ton of pellets it just stopped working. Light on rocker switch at junction box lights up but there’s no power to control panel. Power light on control panel,as well as rest of lights are all dark! Seems like a circuit breaker or a fuse issue? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Any ideas where to start?

60A574D3-0C6C-40F8-8872-C4500FF62474.jpeg

If the fuse is blown, you should find out the reason that it blew before you replace it. It blew for a reason, not just because it was old. I had on my PB105, that the relay for the ignitor had stuck closed and the ignitor would be on constantly, which would blow the fuse after the unit was on for 30 minutes or more.

So I cleaned the whole furnace. Vacuumed pot, heat exchanger, cleaned exhaust fan and pipe. Put it in test mode and everything seemed to run fine after replacing fuse so I put about10 lbs of pellets in and fired it up! It’s been running flawlessly for 5 days now with night getting below zero heating a 2900 sf house. It burns about 2 bags a day so after 10 bags or so it’s still going! Wish I knew what went wrong! Anyhow thanks for the help! Stay tuned!