harvest stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strawberries in a bowl by my good friends at Monte Verde Glass

28812_1325802066954_1287984025_30772431_3922753_n.jpg

I grow giant asparagus spears-you'd be surprised at how tender they are when larger. Large sized Fluff for size comparison. I dunno what variety they are, but obviously not an Irish one.

30728_1292083264005_1287984025_30691845_7073442_n.jpg

nice harvest. how old are your asparagus plants?

I made strawberry jam with all my strawberries...its so good im not giving it away haha.

Adios Pantalones said:
Not letting me post as a pic... maybe disabled except for picture forum?

Hmmm, yummy looking strawbs. The image needs to be reduced to web size and resolution. Here is it cropped and reduced to 72 dpi.

Attachments

• strawbs.jpg
    strawbs.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 288
Is there such a thing as too many strawberries in ones belly? It looks like the raspberries are ramping up just as the strawberries are starting to level out.

We just picked our first quart of strawberries here yesterday. I know I'm excited about our own harvest, but I'm realistic and often critical of the quality and I have to admit that the U-Pick berries we get aren't nearly as sweet and flavorful as our varieties are.

Here in Central NY, the raspberries are starting to ripen - about two weeks earlier than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.