Has anybody used Window World for windows?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
*I think this is the right place for this... I'm hoping to be a little more energy efficient.*

I just rec'd a quote from them. They were the lowest quote of those I looked at, but they also had a product that looked good, met energy star and rebate qualifications, and had a lifetime warranty for both product and labor.

I was figuring they would be the lowest priced company, but have a really crappy product. I was surprised.

Anybody have any good/bad experiences with them?

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
*I think this is the right place for this... I'm hoping to be a little more energy efficient.*

I just rec'd a quote from them. They were the lowest quote of those I looked at, but they also had a product that looked good, met energy star and rebate qualifications, and had a lifetime warranty for both product and labor.

I was figuring they would be the lowest priced company, but have a really crappy product. I was surprised.

Anybody have any good/bad experiences with them?

Matt
I use their windows but i install them myself, i have to say that if you get the low-e glass and argon filled ,(not the cheapest model available)you have a good window. I like the sturdiness and the solid feel of these going in. There is a lot of junk windows out there but this is not one of them,i would put these in my own house in a heartbeat.

Figured I'd follow up. They are finishing up today. Yesterday they installed 5 windows upstairs and did a great job. Today they are doing the downstairs. It feels weird to have somebody else outside sweating while I'm laying on the couch. It's usually the other way around. I picked up some Gatoraid for them for when it gets hot outside.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.