has anyone ever tried these pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yknotcarpentry

Sep 20, 2009
s.maine
names of two brand carried at my local agway in eliot ME

Corinth pellets, 100% hardwood $280 ton

Athens, 80-20% $255 ton

both products from maine, only bummer is these guys have no delivery options, but are willing to allow my to store it there as I pick it up gradually???

Ynot, do a search of both names. I'm sure you'll get lots of posts that discuss them. The Corinth is a so-so pellet. The Athens (Maine Woods) are not too good.

yknotcarpentry said:
names of two brand carried at my local agway in eliot ME
Corinth pellets, 100% hardwood $280 ton
Athens, 80-20% $255 ton
both products from maine, only bummer is these guys have no delivery options, but are willing to allow my to store it there as I pick it up gradually???
I got a ton of the Corinth pellets from that very store back in late August, and I have turned the stove on 5 or 6 time with those in the hopper. They seem to burn pretty good; not much ash and the heat is good. Of course the real test will be when it turns cold!
As for delivery, I had to rent a UHaul for another project so I just swung over to Eilot after and loaded the ton; drove them to the house, and unloaded them into the garage. Previous to getting this ton, I had already gotten three tons of LG's delivered from Pellet Sales.
Good Luck!

I haven't tried either of those pellets, but wanted to pop in and say hi, I live in Eliot also. If you need delivery and aren't fixed on those brands there is the local HD, Lowes, and a couple of stove shops not too far away. To the best of my knowledge all carry pellets and have delivery.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.