Has anyone found out!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
How much water the handle of the fiskars splitting axe holds. Its quite a bit!

I hope you aren't bailing your basement with it.

Mine never hold any. Rick

Guess not. I left mine in the rain with the handle pointing up. It collected quite a bit of water, when I went to use it I almost took a shower.

I had a similar experience cutting up a soft maple last fall. There was a hollow space going up the trunk so that when it fell over, it collected water. I didn't notice and started cutting into the trunk. About a gallon of rusty-brown water poured out. yuk..

homebrewz said:
I had a similar experience cutting up a soft maple last fall. There was a hollow space going up the trunk so that when it fell over, it collected water. I didn't notice and started cutting into the trunk. About a gallon of rusty-brown water poured out. yuk..
A similar think happened to me. I was cutting a 8" branch. As I was half way through, it started pouring out water. I initially thought I cut myself and it was blood. Being I was 8' off the ground, it was quite an initial shock!

SolarAndWood said:
I hope you aren't bailing your basement with it.

:lol:

Well, mine was in the basement this morning... along with about 6" of water. First time in 20 years this place has ever flooded in the summer. Man did we get hammered. Weather site said only 4", but there was 9 1/2" in the low end of my wheelbarrow and 6 1/2" in the high end. I know it was empty when I went to bed because I was moving wood with it. Spent the entire day pumping water out. Lost a lot of stuff because I wasn't prepared, but the Fiskars will live to split another day. :cheese:

hahaha i wouldnt laugh if i hadnt done it too

Status
Not open for further replies.