has anyone heard of my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zigg

Feb 6, 2012
middle tn
It is adouble door iron stove looks like a fisher vents out the back has palm trees casted in each door and a plate that says tropic heat on it has three screw in dampers in each door. Any help as to its origin would be appreciated

Welcome to the Forum; There were an estimated 650 manufactureres copying the Fisher Stove. Many were small operations in garages or welding shops that fabricated other items. Advertising in local papers is the way to find where they were from, dates and cost. Google News Archives doesn't come up with that name, but searching other stove related articles could come up with an ad someday. Google adds newspapers to their archives all the time, so I'll add it to my list of searched stove makes. Pictures and a close up of the door would be great if possible.
Here's a couple that look just like Fisher boxes with different doors.

Attachments

• Penn Wood 1978.jpg
    Penn Wood 1978.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 604
  • Old Mill 1.jpg
    Old Mill 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3,106
  • Forester 1.jpg
    Forester 1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 965
Status
Not open for further replies.