Has anyone heard of these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunky1

Feb 20, 2008
Deepfreeze MN
Hi All,

Allthough a noob, I have been lurking in the shadows of this awesome site for sometime now. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of these:

Kuuma Vaporfire 100 Furnace

Near as I can tell, its a private Manufactoring facility here in MN. WWW.Lamppakuuma.com. Would really appreciate any input from anyone in the know.

Hunky1 said:
Hi All,

Allthough a noob, I have been lurking in the shadows of this awesome site for sometime now. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of these:

Kuuma Vaporfire 100 Furnace

Near as I can tell, its a private Manufactoring facility here in MN. WWW.Lamppakuuma.com. Would really appreciate any input from anyone in the know.
It is made in a small factory in a small town in northeast MN. The 100 furnace and 200 Add-On are not EPA approved, but are true gasifiers. No smoke comes out the chimney, only visible moisture; and no creosote in the chimney. It burns from front to back. When you refuel, just rake (included) the hot coals forward and set the wood on the mound of coals. The ash produced is very fine. It works best if there are no 90 degree flue pipe elbows. The draft is controlled with a Field Controls baro damper.
Do not be mislead by the fact that you do not find much information about their products, on the Web. They advertise in 3 magazines; Countryside, Back Home, and Back Woods.
If you live in a city and do not want complaints from your neighbors, about seeing visible smoke coming out your chimney; then this is the brand to choose.
They have a dealer in NY and one in WI, who states that the chimney temperature is lower, than that of an oil furnace. That dealer and factory believe the efficiency is about 90%.
Did you read the testimony on the website?
Any questions?
If you really want one, I strongly suggest you call today!!! Huge price increase coming this week.

Hi WIcoal, I ordered a vapor fire 100 in June to be delivered next month. How do you like your 200? what kind of fuel usage did you get last year?
size house/cords. how/who did you get it installed? and what was the $$ of your install? Did you pick it up directly or have it shipped.considering the weight how did you move it into place? any other goodies/tips you want to share would be great. Been wanting to talk to someone that is an owner of a vapor fire..

Reactions: UrbanBrnr
Status
Not open for further replies.