Has anyone seen a bare Fiskars head with no handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailmaker

Sep 24, 2010
Northern California
I've always been curious about this. I've got the 7854 and 7859 which are no longer in production so if one of those ever breaks I wonder if it could be re-handled in some way. Here's a little peek.
med_1269522358-IMG_5215.jpg

Good question. I imagine the Fiskars lifetime warranty (for normal usage) would get you a new one if they couldn't re-handle an axe. Maybe they would replace an original #7854 with the X25. FWIW, I still see some of the original #7854 axes in stock some places.

I hadn't considered sending them the head to re-handle, that's probably the ticket if they do that. I'm sure they'd replace it with an x25 but I really prefer that older head design.

And what did you see? Was it something like this
A0120BKD144.jpg

Or was it just a plain rectangular piece of steel?

Status
Not open for further replies.