Has anyone tried these Logik-e premium wood pellets for $250 ton? Are premium wood pellets any less

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

After my 1st year of burning Wood Pellets in a new Avalon Astoria 45 BTU pellet stove I found that my 2,000 sq ft split used 3 tons.
Therefore I tried to get 3 tons for the best price in southern NH and did my own pickup so no delivery charge. Actually I used some of the delivery money I saved and took my friend, my son and his girlfriend out for breakfast for helping. Can't do that with oil or gas deliveries hehe and we have to eat anyways!
I used the Logik-e wood pellets made in Canada from Dodge Grain in Tax Free Salem NH last year at $275 per ton I got better results than the ton of New England Wood pellets which had a few bad bags where they were swollen and stuck together probably from water. The Dodge Grain Salesman told me that the Logik-e pellets are shipped to them in a covered truck unlike others they got with snow and water on top from an open trailer truck.

So last Saturday I got 3 tons at $250 per ton which is the best price the owner of Dodge Grain can do. He said he has 30 Tons at that price and when they are gone the new shipment will probably cost more. I think this is due to the Gulf Oil situation because my original goal was to pick them up for approx $200 per ton but not a chance this year.

Anyway, I got some heavy pallets used to deliver 3,000 lb printing presses and put 1.5 tons on each. No buckling!
The 2 basement pallets I actually cut down to 26 inches deep and kept the 51 inches in length. Then added trim boards to the sides and painted them the same Asbury Sand color of the walls to make them look good in the basement. See pics below.

So has anyone got premium hardwood pellets for a better price? Has anyone tried these Logik-e pellets??

A little Rope Light and Candles make a real nice effect at night!!

Attachments

• FinalPelStovePicScaled2.jpg
    FinalPelStovePicScaled2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,337
  • finalPSpicAtnightscaled1.jpg
    finalPSpicAtnightscaled1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,301
  • 1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInBasementScaled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,407
  • 1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    1.5TonInGarageScaled.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,325
Don2222 said:
............So has anyone got premium hardwood pellets for a better price? .....

I got 2 tons of BareFoots for $250/ton delivered, back in April.

Thanks for the reply Imacman

It just seems that $250 is the going rate. I got 3 tons for $750 and that will heat the whole house (approx 2,000 sqft) for the winter season. I asked one of my neighbors who has the exact same size house but still guzzling the oil. He said to pre-buy the 1,000 gals he needs for the winter is out of his price range!!!

Another neighbor did a pre-buy of 800 gals for $2.79 per gallon $0.30 above the current rate! So he is hoping he will not loose money!
So his house's heat is $1200 for the winter!!

Glad we are not in their shoes anymore. :)

So no pre-buy for me I did a BUY. A wood pellet buy and I know I will SAVE money!!!!

Well we still may have got a great deal. We can just sit back and see what oil prices do this fall and we will not have to panic like everyone else!!!

Don

Doing some digging I found this on nxtbook site.

Website: www.logik-e.com P.W.I. Industries Inc, established since 1950, ... and wood pellets under the registered trade mark of “PWI”and “Logik-ê”.

I haven't seen the Logik-e pellets but I have seen the P.W.I. around. Unfortunately I haven't tried either yet. But it looks like there related to each other. Kind of thought the bags looked familiar

Check link here:

http://www.pwi-industries.com/SecEnglish.html

I have to go update my thread on similar pellets thread. :lol:

Attachments

• Logik-e wood pellets.jpg
    Logik-e wood pellets.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,197
  • pwi_bag.jpg
    pwi_bag.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,090
Hello

Wow that is interesting! Here is a pic of one of my bags below. I had very good luck with these High Heat and Low ash!

Don

Attachments

• WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    WPLogik-eScaled.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,086
Status
Not open for further replies.