Has Anyone Used the New Huskee 4-Way Wedge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

Huskee came out with a 4-way wedge earlier this year that they say is for use on hardwoods. Here's a pic. Checking to see if anyone has used it or heard anything about it. According to a big Huskee dealer, the wedge is so popular it's been on backorder since March. Truth be told, it looks like a 1 1/2 way wedge, not a true 4-way, but it comes with the 4-way as well as a taller single wedge.

Attachments

• Speeco 4-way wedge.jpg
    Speeco 4-way wedge.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 418
Does this thing replace the wedge on any Huskee splitter? It looks kinda.....weird. I think the existing wedge is not angled steeply enough, and this one looks even less steep. Also, Huskee needs to get on the ball and put the wedge on the other end......Other than that great splitters.

Does this thing replace the wedge on any Huskee splitter? It looks kinda.....weird. I think the existing wedge is not angled steeply enough, and this one looks even less steep. Also, Huskee needs to get on the ball and put the wedge on the other end......Other than that great splitters.

Putting the wedge on the other end would destroy the vertical capability of the machine. And that's getting to be a Must-Have for the majority of folks shopping for splitters.

Personally I like how the wedge on the ram keeps the splits within easy reach to toss into the truck or re-split. But I'm not setup to utilize the potential benefits of an outfeed table which is where traditional wedge on the beam design shines.

Status
Not open for further replies.