Has the 576xp gone through any model changes this year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Seeing some wide varying numbers on a new 576xp. Makes me wonder is there was a change in design that has caused a liquidation mindset on an older version. Any thoughts? 2012 vs 2013 version.

I don't know much about the 576 except that I'd want the auto tune version.

Talked to an authorized dealer today that said all the XP saws will be auto tune if they are not already. Got a price of 755 for a 20 inch version. Finger is on the trigger.......

If I was in the new market, I'd pull the trigger on an auto tune........... make sure to post pics :)

Personally, I would only buy it if it's autotune. I just prefer the feel of the 372. Granted, I never used a 576. Just handled it at the dealer. Supposed to be an incredibly smooth saw with a lot of torque.

Gonna have to edit the signature line now. Opted for the 28 inch bar on the 576xp. 789 at the door. Couldn't pass that up. Will update with pics when the stork drops her off.

Gonna have to edit the signature line now. Opted for the 28 inch bar on the 576xp. 789 at the door. Couldn't pass that up. Will update with pics when the stork drops her off.
Autotune? At that price, it doesn't matter. I would have jumped on it too. Now give us some pics

Good for you. Is it an Autone Model? What style 28" bar did you get?

The saw is a factory new item through a dealer so I assume a Husky bar/chain. As far as auto-tune goes, the dealer said all current xp models will be auto-tune, so I am fullly expecting that model.

I am looking at this Oregon bar/chain for the 20 setup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281014280251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Look good?

Your dealers answer is vague regarding all XP saws being Autotune. My brand new 372xp is not Autotune nor is my one year old 346xp. For the record your saw model has been offered in both Autotune and non Autotune versions as well. I'm sure the saw will rip either way but I would not assume it's an Autotune model.

Time for an update.

Yeah MyWayNow, does that thing say AutoTune on it or not? ==c

Doesn't say it anywhere on the saw. Got some real nice letters on top though- XP. I am not sure where it would say it, but from the little research I did, it appears there would not be any adjustment screws accessible on autotune saws. Sound right? I was going to call the dealer and question this, but in reality, I don't care if it is, so what is the point. Autotune sounds nice if you are in elevated areas or use the saw in different locations. I don't and sometimes I think simple is better. Manual tuning ability sounds as basic as direct contact between the foot and the accelorator pedal. Here is the pic. I posted this in the wood forum and asked for an answer to what is wrong with the pic? No one hit it there. Maybe the gearheads will.

Attachments

• 576.jpg
    576.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 201
Turn that chain around and it'll cut better 4 ya. And for 789 I'm betting its not AT.

Bingo! Good eye DM. Put her together in a hurry the day before. Soon as the chain touched the wood, I knew the mistake that was made.

Bingo! Good eye DM. Put her together in a hurry the day before. Soon as the chain touched the wood, I knew the mistake that was made.
I finally saw that! Teeth are barely visible in the pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.