hastings nightmare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! #3 error. Replaced high limit and low limit switches. Still get #3 error. Control board right? Replaced cb and rewired new harness, new board doesn't even power up but exhaust blower comes on high. Put old cb into new harness and I get the same problem, #3 flashing. I did noticed that the exhaust blower cooling fan comes to a stop but I can hear the impeller still rotating. That's not good. The gray wire are connected to the vac switch, brown wire connected to the low limit and the orange connected to the high limit. About ready to punt.

What's a number 3 error on that puppy?

If the fan on the combustion blower is stopping you best pull the blower and look for crud, maybe a squirrel has tried to take up residence.

SmokeyTheBear said:
What's a number 3 error on that puppy?

If the fan on the combustion blower is stopping you best pull the blower and look for crud, maybe a squirrel has tried to take up residence.

Proof of fire failure. But the weird thing is that it happens about 30 seconds into to the start up. Even if I jump the POF switch.

Verify that blower is actually working, if they get installed a bit canted in the cavity it is possible that it starts to drag. Maybe #3 is vacuum and the book is wrong.

Also any loose or broken wiring. Bypass at the control board if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.