Have any of you watched this T.V. show yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
My first time watching this show. It's on the weather channel. Called Ice Pilots. Transporting cargo from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories Canada. Company is called Buffalo Airways. These guys are........ Well. How would you put it? Determined? It is $*#&ing; cold where they have to work and fly. And the planes are WWII era prop. planes. Different, that is for sure. Any of you guys live around there?

There are a few episodes where they fly water bombers across the big pond to Turkey or someplace. Determined is a good term. I will watch reruns before I will watch a new episode of Ax men but then I would rather watch Bugs bunny/ coyote than Axmen as it's more realistic.

I love that show and have watched many epsiods, those pilots are brave with the conditions they work in, I could not imagine doing that myself. It was neat thought when they took the water bombers over seas that was a heck of a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.