Having A Truck Makes Things Easier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Got "Lucile" earlier this week and put her to work already. Got a lead on CL earlier this week and went over there. This is a big tree that was cut last 2 summers ago. Not sure exactly what tree it is so if anyone can ID it would be great. Man having a truck makes it so much easier than using my small sedan or my wife's minivan. I plan to go back tomorrow to get some more. He also has 4 or 5 Locusts that he would like cut, some are leaning so those should be relatively easy to bring down. 3.JPGID Please2.JPGID Please

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 140
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 132
Looks like a nice truck to run around in. A great haul for free as well.

Be careful of the leaner. Just because you think it's leaning a certain way doesn't mean it's going to fall that way. :eek:

I'm more of a SUV with a trailer man myself. I have a diesel powered Tahoe that will tow pretty much anything.

first tree looks a lot like sugar maple. Second looks alot like norway maple. Hard to tell by the pics but that's my guesses...

Thanks Scotty, i thought it was in the maple family but wasnt sure. @Snotrocket, yea man, i love that truck. rides smoothly and has lots of power. just what i needed.

Nice truck. One day I hope to get a 4 wheel drive truck. For now I use my cargo van or the tractor and wagon. I have to haul
my wood 3 miles so the tractor isn't to bad. A little slow and It can be hard to back a wagon up in the woods. I use
my van for work so If I haul wood in it I have a big mess to clean up before I can go to work.

Cool work truck you got there katwill. That will be real handy. Now that you have one you will not want to be without one. I went without a truck once. Once.

It sure is nice to have a truck..or two. I have always had a truck since 1990, except for a few very painful months in 1996. I couldn't imagine not having one.

I'll bet that was the only Tahoe with that drivetrain built!

Katwill, I remembered you said you named her Lucile. Do you remember this Lucille?

@ Gasifier.... LOL.. Thats exactly why I named her Lucile. Cool Hand Luke its where its at.
Love this truck, rides very smooth and it feels that loaded it rides even better. 92 Sierra V6 4.3 5spd manual 2WD and Im just fine with the 2 WD.

I can't tell with much certainty what type of tree that is. One thing I can tell is it was really large, and big trees tend to have gnarly bark near the base that may not be typical of the species, so the first couple of pics showing the bark at the base are tough to interpret. I guess White Ash, but that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.