HD SOLD OUT!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuznvin

Nov 5, 2011
Long Island
Just got back from Lowes and HD. Both HD’s in the area sold out. Lady said they had 13 pallets on Friday and today nothing left. Lowes has Green Supreme and North American pellets. The NAP had a much lower ash content. They were $5.97 a bag for either one! Now I dont know what to do. Should I get some from Lowes or just order from woodpellets.com. Theyre premium plus(Cleanfire) is $5.60 a bag and the Cleanfire Super Premium (softwood) are $6.00 bag. Im thinking for what I have to pay at Lowes I should get the Super Premium from woodpellets.com

Are there no independent supplies in your area? Big box stores supply pellets for a short period of time to make a quick buck on product they know they will be able to unload. They don't want the inventory hanging around, so they don't typically reorder.

Independent suppliers (you know the mom&pop; companies) will likely have pellets all year round. Additionally, once you are an established customer, you'll likel receive notifications about early-bird special and other promotions that can save you money.

I would go with wood pellets .com. Better pellet and delivered to your house. You can try metro wood pellets.(631-475-5540) in patchogue. It doesnt say what kind but claim high btu(8400) low ash. 255/ton
I just called and they are infernos. Dont know how good they are.

kykel said:
I would go with wood pellets .com. Better pellet and delivered to your house. You can try metro wood pellets.(631-475-5540) in patchogue. It doesnt say what kind but claim high btu(8400) low ash. 255/ton

Which ones would you go with at woodpellets.com? Thanks!!

I would go with the premium. i dont know if the super premium is worth the extra money. I just looked at a test chart for pellets and inferno was at the bottom at 185 degrees. Not worth the money IMHO.

kykel said:
I would go with the premium. i dont know if the super premium is worth the extra money. I just looked at a test chart for pellets and inferno was at the bottom at 185 degrees. Not worth the money IMHO.

Are Inferno and Cleanfire the same thing? I called Liwoodpellets a few times and left a message..

cuznvin said:
kykel said:

Are Inferno and Cleanfire the same thing? I called Liwoodpellets a few times and left a message..

No. Different ends of the spectrum from what I have read.

oldmountvernon said:
cuznvin said:
kykel said:

not even close

So who is selling the infernos?

LMAO.. I just just wondering where the Infernos came in to the conversation....

oldmountvernon said:
cuznvin said:
kykel said:

YOU brought it into the conversation there ! lol

I did.. You said infernos were at the bottom of the list. Thats why I asked about them. I think you are right though to just get from woodpellets.com or lipellets

Yep.. Next year I guess.

My advice and best selection for Pellets is Bravo Window and Door in Copiage. They offer about 4 different brands of pellets they are in stock and they are a local supplier here on Long Island. If you order a certain amount of tons you can get free delivery I believe. You deal directly with the owner. Support the local people!!

LIpelletpig said:
My advice and best selection for Pellets is Bravo Window and Door in Copiage. They offer about 4 different brands of pellets they are in stock and they are a local supplier here on Long Island. If you order a certain amount of tons you can get free delivery I believe. You deal directly with the owner. Support the local people!!

Thanks for the tip!!

LIpelletpig said:

See their ad on Craigs List:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/hsh/2700941453.html

kykel said:

Kykel- where did you find a "pellet Chart"?
Nice today in the Store!

libirm said:
Kykel- where did you find a "pellet Chart"?

Look at the top of the main page....the first yellow "sticky" has links for Jay Takeman's pellet testing.

Bravo had AWF 2 tons free delivery ask for them to bring a pallet jack and the will put them anywhere in your garage. They will also forklift them to your door.

It was me who started the inferno ordeal. I met libirm today and he mentioned a place in patchogue. Long story short called and was told great pellet lots of heat low ash. I DONT THINK SO. They were infernos.

Libirm I want to say I got the chart from a thread from Jtakeman Here. If you pm him Im sure he can tell you where to find chart. I know he tested many himself but cant remember exactly where I found the chart. If I find ill post it

they were lowest heat output and highest ash content.

Thanks imacman. I should of read your post first. Wouldnt have had to type all that

kykel said:
It was me who started the inferno ordeal. I met libirm today and he mentioned a place in patchogue. Long story short called and was told great pellet lots of heat low ash. I DONT THINK SO. They were infernos.

Libirm I want to say I got the chart from a thread from Jtakeman Here. If you pm him Im sure he can tell you where to find chart. I know he tested many himself but cant remember exactly where I found the chart. If I find ill post it

they were lowest heat output and highest ash content.

:) . Glad you're on top of It all!

Imacman

I checked that craigslist site for pellets. WOW 360 for oakies. Love NY!

kykel said:
Imacman

I checked that craigslist site for pellets. WOW 360 for oakies. Love NY!

Ya..welcome to another NY ripoff

As of two days ago, the HD in Patchogue and Smithtown had AWF pellets available for $224 per ton.

Rokal said:
As of two days ago, the HD in Patchogue and Smithtown had AWF pellets available for $224 per ton.

They did say Patchogue had some. But I think you only get 75 minutes on the truck rental and I would spend a lot of that driving back and forth to Patchogue. Is that the only brand HD sells?

cuznvin said:
Rokal said:

They did say Patchogue had some. But I think you only get 75 minutes on the truck rental and I would spend a lot of that driving back and forth to Patchogue. Is that the only brand HD sells?

AWF is all that I've been seeing at HD. I purchased a ton of Stove Chow from the Patchogue HD in September but all new stock has been AWF.

Lowes in Medford has a variety of different brands (Cheat River, North American Pellet, and others) but they are way too pricey.

I think it was Metro where I bought Infernos last year when I ran out of everything else. Worst pellet I have used so far. Stay away.

I bought 3.5 tons from woodpellets.com. Cleanfires and Andes pellets. Good heat and good price, but this was in the spring. Still, they have worked for me, and I think everything included it was a good price per bag if you average it out. Can't remember exactly, but for Long Island it was good quality for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.