Headed to Stowe VT,stopping at Woodstck Stoves on way by.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
Looking for points of interest near West Lebanon as we pass and maybe a motel.Suggestions?

hmmm....I think there's a Ken-Taco-Hut in W. Leb. (thats a Kentuky Fried Chicken/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut all in one)....thats pretty fascinating (to me). If you have kids, or are a kid at heart, I like the Montshire Science Museum...lots of hands on sciency stuff to play with.

We stayed at the Baymont motel right down the road from Woodstock. It ain't fancy just the bare essentials and pretty affordable.
There was a brewery very close by that some of us went for dinner. I can't remember the name...maybes it was called "The Brewery"...
Flatbed, pen and Battenkiller went too, they might remember, however the service there sucked...pen got pi$$ed off... :lol:
The food was good though, from what I remember... :-S

That's funny because KC (Iskiatomic) is headed to Stowe this week on Wednesday.
Bahstard is at the Steamboat in Colorado right now.
That guy lives good let me tell ya. :)

We're not headed till the 22nd next month.

GAMMA RAY said:
There was a brewery very close by that some of us went for dinner. I can't remember the name...maybes it was called "The Brewery"...
Flatbed, pen and Battenkiller went too, they might remember, however the service there sucked...pen got pi$$ed off... :lol:
The food was good though, from what I remember... :-S

Seven Barrel Brew Pub is was it was called IIRC. And the service wasn't that bad, I thought it was pretty cute. Pen OTOH was a major PITA, sending his burger back a dozen times because he didn't like the way the pickle was sitting on the plate.

JK. Actually, I think they totally spaced and forgot to bring his food or something. Maybe that's 'cause me and the cute waitress were makin' eyes at each other when Lady BK weren't lookin'. :kiss:

I'm going to the Eight Barrel Brew Pub next time dammit!

pen

My wife and I were just up at Woodstock picking out our stove. We stayed at the Shaker Hill Inn in Enfield, NH, nice people. Seven Barrel Brew Pub was a good place. The innkeepers can tell you about others if you stay there. The Hood Museum in Hanover is a must see(free admission) King Arthur Baking Company in Norwich, VT, your wife will love it, although your credit card may suffer. Windsor, VT has the Precision Museum a good place for the engineering types, plus the Cornish-Windsor Bridge.

King Arthur was already in the plans.lol Thanks for the info.We'll write it down

That Precision Museum looks interesting.

Yup. Good bar food at the 7 Barrel Brewery.

Status
Not open for further replies.