Hearth Pets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bbower4

Jan 26, 2018
Baltimore, MD
We have a 1.5yr old golden doodle. The stove is at 580 degrees. She lays face first at it all the time!! Anyone else’s dogs do this?? Show me your pups!
76deb55ef7ab6685030f4f9082eaf5a1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a dog, but the grandson does chew on everything and make a mess! lol

wt.jpg

20161224_204629.jpg
She's not very photogenic being black but she loves the warmth.

Reactions: MikeK and bbower4
0210141018.jpg

Bud and Bella spooning by the Mansfield.

Nice pix of your poodle bower- but notice handle position. In the past Enviros normally lock at about 4 o'clock. Was yours "on the latch" with the stove warming up? Just curious.. maybe they've changed- I'm wrong a lot it seems.....

Reactions: MikeK
Nice pix of your poodle bower- but notice handle position. In the past Enviros normally lock at about 4 o'clock. Was yours "on the latch" with the stove warming up? Just curious.. maybe they've changed- I'm wrong a lot it seems.....
Good question. Maybe that's why I think I have a gasket air leak.... Ill have to contact the dealer.

Reactions: Sailrmike and MikeK
image.jpeg
My two chocolate labs chase and copper. They sleep next to the kuma all day. Yesterday I was jealous I froze my butt off all day while they were in front of that heat monster all day. Dogs have it rough.

I have 2 standard poodles; the female, Luna, seems to be mesmerized by the fire/heat coming off the stove, while the male, Kimo, is more prone to move off to the side once the stove really starts cranking.... Dogs are funny people.... :)
Luna love fire 2.jpg Luna love fire 1.jpg

This is before we pulled carpet and redid the hardwood.

fqrhNKxExXXlIHZU61qHh6moTzNtQJ1iYh-R6HtNVBb-1ZF1fYYiuFxLkXFLQ9_A9s577VU_4Mu-AZP6Mk=w1645-h926-no.jpg