Hearth Pets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
He sometimes likes to get his head UNDER the stove.

IMG_1635.JPG

Thermometer is cut off, but I assure you, stove was cruising at 600F

IMG_2033.JPG

He is a good boy though.

IMG_1511.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
He sometimes likes to get his head UNDER the stove.

View attachment 222940

Thermometer is cut off, but I assure you, stove was cruising at 600F

View attachment 222941

He is a good boy though.

View attachment 222942

My grandmother had a cast iron smoke dragon. She judged her stovetops via eyeball (when it starts to glow, turn it down a little).

She had a lot of dogs over the years, and she had one cocker spaniel would actually squeeze underneath the stove. That dog was painfully hot to the touch when she came out, but I she never caught fire that I heard of.

I can't find the photo to repost, but my profile pic has my wife's dogs. Lucy is in her favorite spot. Next to her is the little cocker, but most of her is cut off in the pic, can just barely see her nose. Lucy prefers to be as close to the stove as possible. After the stove has cooled she either gets on a couch or goes upstairs.

Our new addition, Ella, 14 week old golden Shepard mix. Good sister to our 2 yr old dog in avatar.

Attachments

• 7ED20285-8E71-4366-9C0D-2F392ECE819E.jpeg
    7ED20285-8E71-4366-9C0D-2F392ECE819E.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 130
C92945D2-4283-4F0E-996E-43AF3C4810AB.jpeg
Not a dog but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: diverscale
We can call the thread “hearth mammals”. All animals welcome.

My grandmother had a cast iron smoke dragon. She judged her stovetops via eyeball (when it starts to glow, turn it down a little).

She had a lot of dogs over the years, and she had one cocker spaniel would actually squeeze underneath the stove. That dog was painfully hot to the touch when she came out, but I she never caught fire that I heard of.
My golden retriever caught fire once, his hair was def singed a bit, he feel asleep literally 1" away from the insert, hell that same insert caught my dad on fire, well the sweat shirt melted solid pretty good in the back.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war . . . I mean cry 'Hearth.com' and let slip the dogs of warmth.

Changed it to hearth pets to be all inclusive lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m the only cat pic poster so far, I would have kept the thread “dogs”

Changed it to hearth pets to be all inclusive lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
so it doesn't include the bats, birds and squirrels that get caught?

I love these pics of these spoiled mutts reclining before the wood stove. These mutts know how to get comfortable!

Reactions: Chuck the Canuck