Hearth mount flue thermometer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarp6

Oct 22, 2010
Southern NH
Any suggestions on where to mount a flue thermometer if I have a hearth mount stove. Is it even worth having one if you can not mount it 18" up the flue?

Should I have magnetic mount withn a double wall flue?

See attached photo of the back of my stove.

Thanks
BC

Attachments

• DSC02276 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC02276 (1024x768).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 225
Thermometer's are simply a gauge. If you don't have it in exactly the right spot, it's warning zones may be off. Place one wherever the heck you want and simply judge accordingly. Compare what the thermometer reads to what you believe is a normal burn and make a judgment call based on if your location is hotter or colder than what they recommend for placement.

pen

For an install like that I would get a thermocouple with a wire and digital meter you can place off to the side. Looks like it would be hard to see any other kind of dial type thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.