Hearth Pad Project and Woodstock Fireview Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apples439

Mar 5, 2009
Rhode Island
Hello all,

Thought I'd share my recent project with you all as this forum is the reason I purchased the Fireview in the first place. Besides, what the world needs are more videos of stoves, right? It took a little longer than it should have...okay a lot longer than it should have but I got it done before fall so I'm happy. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

-Todd

Looks good, nice job on the tiling. Great looking stove.

As for the vid, I really felt for the protagonist and his sufferings. Knowing he will be rewarded by hot snoozes in front of that beautiful stove in the future made the length tolerable. I had to take a pee break in the second reel though.

Yeah, sorry about the length. I got a little carried away just after I finished the hearth pad and that's the only video of it I had without the stove.

I don't think 3 minutes is a long time for the job. Nice tile work!

Excellent job, what did you use under the tile?

1/2" cement board over 3/4" plywood. I initially wanted to do brick but I was limited by the clearence from the top of the horizontal stove pipe to the bottom of the wooden mantel.

Looks great, but I was hoping for a view of the chimney hookup and a video of you horsing around with the inflexible, flex pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.