Hearthstone Heritage...broken?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geka

Oct 30, 2008
New Jersey
We purchased a Hearthstone Heritage last winter. It has worked great. My husband noticed this morning that there was a rather large hole in the interior top...between the vented pipes. I checked it out this eve and yes it is quite large. He feels he may have hit it with a log but I cannot see how that could be avoided. We plan to order a replacement part? Has anyone had this happen and how difficult is it to replace this part? Thanks for your expertise.

It is possible to dent, scratch, poke holes, or shatter that baffle. It's made of a hefty ceramic fiber and not steel. It is not easy to punch a hole in it and normal care in operations should allow that board to last a long long time. Have you had your chimney swept? If so, is it possible that their brush poked this hole through it? That seems to be the most likely scenario since if you did it with firewood you would have had to really chuck a piece in there. You wouldn't be the first stove owner to have their baffle broken by a stupid chimney sweep. The smarter sweeps will properly remove the baffle before sweeping.

Contact your dealer. That should have been your first step. They should be able to get you a new one under warranty and also explain to you how to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.