Hearthstone Shelburne installed and cranking (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTHC

Nov 12, 2009
Northwestern Vermont
WOW! I am a complete convert. Watching secondary burn is AMAZING! I could sit in front of my stove all day watching it! After burning a smoke dragon with no window this is such an awesome change! Burning an EPA II stove is so worth it with the secondary burn, and no smoke coming out of my chimney!

I was a little concerned about the smaller firebox (as compared to my old stove), but the stove has done well keeping the house at 72*F and it is currently 5*F outside. Burn times have been a little short, but i have er' straight out right now. We'll see how she does on her first overnight burn.

Attachments

• firedog_1.jpg
    firedog_1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 826
  • firedog_2.jpg
    firedog_2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 852
  • secondary_1.jpg
    secondary_1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 812
  • secondary_3.jpg
    secondary_3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 797
Looking very good! Thanks for posting the nice shots. She's a beauty!

Got some awful big pellets in that stove. Don't think my auger would feed them. I thouth PFI spec was 1 1/2" long? Hmmmm

Whoops! Somehow i posted that in the wrong forum - duh. Sorry...
In the right place now.

wow , that was quick. enjoy the heat, pete

THE ROOSTER said:
VTHC said:
Whoops! Somehow i posted that in the wrong forum - duh. Sorry...
In the right place now.

It is still a beauty, just curious, does box have a blower???

Thanks!
I opted to not get the blower, but it is available (along with an OAK). I'm second guessing my decision... I put a small fan behind the stove today to move some heat and have been pretty impressed with the results. I may revisit the blower option later this winter.

That's a sharp stove! I see the dog likes it, too. Is that dog a brindle, and if so, what kind is it?

Bobbin said:
That's a sharp stove! I see the dog likes it, too. Is that dog a brindle, and if so, what kind is it?

Yup, she's a brindle. When we got her (Humane Society) as a puppy they thought she was a Plott Hound, but as she got older she stayed pretty small so we figured she was a Pit-Bull mix. After a little more research i think she may be some type of Cur. She was rescued from a high kill shelter in West Virgina, so that would make sense. Whatever she is, she guards the wood shed well and loves to enjoy the heat from the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.