Hearthstone Shelburne users -- ceramic baffle life???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a problem with yours, or are you just curious?

I sold a wood stove or something to a Dan Corcoran on Long Island back in the day.

Anyhow, I have been selling the Shelburne for about 4 years and havent had to replace a baffle yet. So my answer is 4 years +

Dan, the Shelborne is on my short list of stoves, I hope to purchase a stove soon. A Hearthstone dealer told me that most folks get 2 years or more, but 4 years is about the upper limit.

The baffle does not look all that fragile to me, so I thought I'd try to see what folks on here had experienced. Thanks.

I think any of the ceramic baffles will break if you touch them with a split. When I'm loading my stove, I keep repeating (to myself...I don't want the guys in the white coats to hear), "There's a big potato chip above those burn tubes, so be careful, nimblefingers!" As to how long they last if not damaged, I'll go with Frank.

I've never lived on Lon Guyland, but I know there are a lot of Irish there...

Status
Not open for further replies.