Heat Resource Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burned them 2 years ago. Didn't think much of them. They crumbled apart when you touched them. Lots of fines too. So rate them as crap. Who knows they might have improved!!!

Lineman30 said:
Burned them 2 years ago. Didn't think much of them. They crumbled apart when you touched them. Lots of fines too. So rate them as crap. Who knows they might have improved!!!

That's about all we've burned the last 6 years. Some batches did have some fines but we've gotten some good batches. Overall we can't complain but was curious what the pellet gurus here thought about the heat output and overall quality.

AR

If their pellets are anything like their website....I'll pass...

I have just purchased 2 tons of these, they look the part as this is my first year. I picked them up at orshelens in durant oklahoma for 3.89 a bag that's the best price I could find.I have a old quad-1100 insert that has been gone though extensively and almost all guts/electronics have been replaced.last years 500 dollar electric bill was way to much(ie-heat pump)any other suggestions to keep her in tip top shape would be welcome thanks.

karl0525 said:
I have just purchased 2 tons of these, they look the part as this is my first year. I picked them up at orshelens in durant oklahoma for 3.89 a bag that's the best price I could find.I have a old quad-1100 insert that has been gone though extensively and almost all guts/electronics have been replaced.last years 500 dollar electric bill was way to much(ie-heat pump)any other suggestions to keep her in tip top shape would be welcome thanks.

Let us know how you like the pellets. They should do fine though from our experience. Wow!!! A 500 dollar electric bill is TOO MUCH!!!

AR

karl0525 said:

That's where I bought mine 2 years ago. Orshelens in Pryor okla and of course they stored them outside. Hopefully yours wasn't.

Just bought a bag of these to see how they do in the stove since the only local source happened to get this particular brand in.

rehabbingisgreen said:
Just bought a bag of these to see how they do in the stove since the only local source happened to get this particular brand in.

Hey let us know they burn. I know I dogged them but my local farm store has them and actually the quality looks much better than 2 years ago. I'm probably going to need more toward the end of winter so they could be a possible choice.

Ive burned about 10-12 bags.Great heat alot of fines the price is right paid 3.89 a bag

Purchased 4 tons at Orscheln's close to Kansas City MO. This is my 2nd season with my multi fuel U.S. Pellet stove, so I'm not sure what other pelllets or stoves have to offer. These hardwood pellets do seem to crumble very easy. Overall, i cant complain for the $165 a ton i paid (50 bags) but i would'nt mind finding other brands to burn. Burned about 30 bags so far and they seem to do fine. And yes, Orscheln store these outside, so beware when you purchase them in january/february. They have been sitting outside since September/October.

frozeninmissouri said:
Purchased 4 tons at Orscheln's close to Kansas City MO. This is my 2nd season with my multi fuel U.S. Pellet stove, so I'm not sure what other pelllets or stoves have to offer. These hardwood pellets do seem to crumble very easy. Overall, i cant complain for the $165 a ton i paid (50 bags) but i would'nt mind finding other brands to burn. Burned about 30 bags so far and they seem to do fine. And yes, Orscheln store these outside, so beware when you purchase them in january/february. They have been sitting outside since September/October.

I'm about an hour and a half from KC. The Heat Resource we buy are 3.89 a bag and I don't know the price per pallet but it isn't that low. I find they are an ok pellet. Not as hot as the somersets but they seem to burn longer and I like to mix them with the somersets. I'm not getting an excessive amount of ash like I was out of the OHP's either.

Status
Not open for further replies.