heat settings on enviro maxx

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onastick

Nov 15, 2010
nova scotia
i just have a question about feed, convection blower and heat setting.
what is better for heat and pellets...
-have my feed rate at 4 out 5, combustion blower at 3-4 out of 5 and heat setting at 3 out of 5

-or feed rate 3, combustion blower at 3-4 and heat at 4.

where is the best place to put booster fan on second level to draw cold air down to stove?
do you put it closer to the stove or anywhere, just as log as it draws cold air down?
can you put one in to blow hot air up and have another one to draw cold air down?

don't know if you don't ask
thank you

Please put the make & model of your stove into your signature line, plus include it in your thread title.....we have no idea what stove you're referring to.

Much better....I'm sure some of the Enviro owners will be along shortly to help out....jay, where are you??? LOL

BTW, add the stove info to your signature line too.....look at the top of the page for the "your control panel" button....find "edit signature" button.

I'm here. But sorry I don't have much on the Maxx. Except the basic's.

You say feed rate. Isn't it feed trim?

Quotes from manual.

FEED RATE TRIM BUTTON: Used to change the feed rate trims in ¼ second increments for all feed settings. When this button is pressed, all the light will light up
on the Heat Output Indicator except for the one that shows the current setting; the default setting is the number 4 light. To adjust
the setting hold the Feed Rate Trim button down and press the Heat Level up or down buttons to adjust the setting.
Use this if the fire is inconsistent. If the flame is going up and down raise it slowly until that stops. You will need to adjust this with different pellet brands.

COMBUSTION BLOWER TRIM BUTTON: Used to change the Combustion Blower trims in 5 volt increments for all feed settings
until it reaches line voltage. When this button is pressed, all the light will light up on the Heat Output Indicator except for the one that
shows the current setting; the default setting is the number 2 light. To adjust the setting hold the Combustion Blower Trim button down
and press the Heat Level up or down buttons to adjust the setting.

Most pellets will be fine at the default setting. But if there start turning the glass black. Increase the combustion trim slowly. One setting at a time. Let burn for a while and continue if needed.

HEAT LEVEL ADJUSTMENT BUTTONS: When pressed, will
change the heat level setting of the unit up or down.

If the house is cold turn it up notch. If the house is hot turn it down a notch

convection blower

There isn't anything in the manual except on and off. I assume there is now an adjustment to vary the blower? I would say raise it until you can stand the noise or the air coming off the stove is too cool.

You really need a Maxx owner to assist with this one!

onastick said:
i just have a question about feed, convection blower and heat setting.
what is better for heat and pellets...
-have my feed rate at 4 out 5, combustion blower at 3-4 out of 5 and heat setting at 3 out of 5

-or feed rate 3, combustion blower at 3-4 and heat at 4.

where is the best place to put booster fan on second level to draw cold air down to stove?
do you put it closer to the stove or anywhere, just as log as it draws cold air down?
can you put one in to blow hot air up and have another one to draw cold air down?

don't know if you don't ask
thank you

Hi onastick,
As we spoke earlier, my 2yr old maxx does not have the three buttons referenced, but may shed some light.
On my maxx, the feed rate,blower are electronically variable-controlled by heat setting: higher heat setting=longer feed rate=higher convection blower running. Given this, option two seems more reasonable, FR=3,CB=3-4, heat=4.

I think way to tell is how does flame look per manual ? Is glass getting sooty ? Are pellets jumping out of burnpot ?

With the first option of FR=4, CB=4,heat=4 , that maybe glass is sooty ? maybe burnpot has unburned pellets ?
That would be telling of what settings to use. Possible send mail to Sherwood Industries who makes Enviro and ask
question.

As for booster fan, I use one on second floor in hallway pointing to stairs that go downstairs to stove, can really feel the cold air going down the stairs, which gets replaced by warm air. Think best place to put is middle of house, not too close ,but then again, not too far. And yes, a fan to blow hot air up from first floor, found good place in doorway of stove room.

When it really gets cold, is when you will truely find the optimum settings for your enviromaxx, that is what we went thru
the first season. The good news is that it will keep you warm thru the whole season , and when april comes about
you will know your new stove characteristics.
Hope this helps,
Stay warm !

Status
Not open for further replies.