Heat Shield required? Need help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domino2332

Nov 8, 2008
NE WI
I will be installing a Lennox Earth Stove model 1500HT into a manufactured home. I read and re-read the manual and it does not seem to mention anything about building a "heat shield" for the surrounding walls behind or on the sides of the stove. I am planning to do a corner install and the only directions that I can clearly see are that I need to have a non-combustible hearth pad with the specified dimensions, that the pipe needs to be 13 inches from the walls, and the stove corners need to be at least 5 inches from the walls.

Is that all I need to worry about? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Ahh, yes..15" but that is it...no additional protection for the wall? I guess that surprises me...Is that typical and most people just add the stone or brick on the back wall for addded protection/decoration...Thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.