Heatilator EcoChoice Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
I've only found a few topics about these stoves. Only make 2 stoves PS35 and PS50. Both real plain nothing fancy. Was told they use Quad parts, burn pot, ignitor, heat control all looked the same. Made by HHT. Easy access to all the stove parts. Price is decent, $1699 for larger 50K BTU. Anyone....

My dealer is selling them but I don't have any details...

Great stove.Are's works good.Can't go wrong.Big hopper and easy to run.Ask me any questions.Happy to help.

Thanks for replying. Wondering how noisy it is, what kind of area you are heating, you have it connected to thermostat or just a switch? Dealers don't have any running. Been looking at that and a Harmon.

Awesome units for the money. I have one burning in the store and might put one in my office at the house. So far the Heatilator brand will smoke about 90% of the other brands out, no pun intended.

We are heating 2100 square feet two store and open floor plan.The house is 65 and it's -4 degrees.And we run it on medium heat.Are stove is down stairs and you can hear it.When we shot the bedroom door we can't.The bedroom door is ten feet away from the stove.I would not want it in the same room as the television.Very easy to clean.It only runs on a thermostat.I can't be happier with it.I looked at the P43 Harman and glad I picked this one.The Harman only has a forty lbs hopper.I have burned one ton of North Idaho energy log pellets and the exhaust and convection motors are still clean.Are dealer here put some nickel plated door rivets and a chrome spring handle and it dressed it up nicely.Feel free to ask anything.

:) Hi: I live in upstate NY. I like what I see about the PS35, but haven't seen any information about it other than this forum.. Is it quiter than the PS50. Do they have the same exhaust blower. Is the blower variable speed, like the burn, low, medium, high? Does the auger make noise?

I'm worred about the noise. White noise is ok, but I'm worried about watching TV and the noise? Any trouble with the burnpot? I really like the pull rod and it dumps the ashes. That looks kool.

Looks like a "kiss stove", keep it simple stupid. lol

How much noise does it make on low and hooked up to a theromstat. All I know is that I would keep it on low burn for a large bedroom. What do you think?

Please reply with any additional information. :exclaim:

Thank you,
Sincerely,

JohnBoy
Adirondack Mts, NY

DoubleNickel said:
...... All I know is that I would keep it on low burn for a large bedroom. What do you think?......

I hope I read that wrong....you are NOT thinking of putting a pellet stove in your bedroom, are you?

Well, I was thinking about it. I haven't seen any article against it. Is there a gases probem? Exhaust would go up thru the roof. I haven't done anything yet. :sick:

Hi everyone....i am new to the pellet world and love this site. Lots of really great info here and some great and knowledgable posters too.

I just had the PS35 installed last Monday and so far i really dont know what to think of it. Seems to put out a fair amount of heat (that being said...i am used to my Soapstone woodburner i had used the last 10 years and it does not come close to that kind of heat!) but what i really dont care for is the constant high pitched whine it makes on every setting except low...and of course it does not produce much heat on that setting.
You can hear that whine all thru the house and it gets very irritating. I guess i am just used to the total silence of my woodstove. I have a feeling i may have made a mistake by not installing the Soapstone here in the house we just bought but i was taken in by the ease of dumping pellets in a hopper vs. the year-round chore of firewood i have endured the last 12 or so years.

I just had a nightmare experience with pellets too from TSC.....but its corrected now and i have my first ton of Somersets in the basement!

Is it a whine or a whistle?Mine will whistle from time to time.

Anyone with the ps50, if you could update what you like or dislike about this stove after getting some time on it. Do you still consider it a good value? I am looking at getting a stove by the end of the month.

thanks

We still like the stove very much.Very easy to clean.I like the manual features like the feed rate and air intake.Less electronics to go wrong.I do wish it was a little quieter but it's down stairs.No big deal there.You can but nickel plate rivets for the door and handle spring to dress it up.It has a huge 80 lbs hopper.It's a simple work horse of a stove.It's burned every brand of pellet in my area and does them all well.Easy to operate.You can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.