Heavy Load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seeyal8r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 20, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Found this on another site and thought it worth the post here. May be a repost but its worth looking at again.

Attachments

• 2RLB016.jpg
    2RLB016.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 2RLB017.jpg
    2RLB017.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 317
  • 2RLB018.jpg
    2RLB018.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 2RLB019.jpg
    2RLB019.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 2RLB020.jpg
    2RLB020.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 306
  • 2RLB021.jpg
    2RLB021.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 2RLB022.jpg
    2RLB022.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: smokinj
a 3/4 ton truck and a goose neck trailer would have had no problem I bet.

That guy is a fool. Check out the pic and you can see the gap between the bed and cab is wider at the top than the bottom. Bent frame?

Forget about safety. I overload stuff all the time but this is just plain stupid.

Reactions: Thistle
That was a waste of a truck and trailer.

Does any one understand tongue weight?

Was that about the time Cash for Clunkers started. >>

zap

That log probably is in the 6k - 9k lb range.

Nice firewood; poor way to try to haul it.

Does any one understand tongue weight?

Uhhhhhhhh........... may not be an expert, but I have a better grasp on it than he does.

Yep Luke, looks like a little frame adjustment is gonna be needed after that load doesn't it? WOW

I think they would've had a shot if they loaded it over the axles and kept the weight off the tongue.

I think I can get that on my wood lathe and turn out a toothpick.

Looks like a few big popcorn or salad bowls to me. My Record Coronet CL3 has 12" swing over the bed,30" when headstock is swung for outboard use.

That's 30 inches,not 90;) . I've seen a 5 ft swing lathe before,big bucks & can weigh up to a ton.More than I can afford or have room for,sometimes a chain or engine hoist is used to position blanks for attaching to 4 jaw chuck.Most that big have 100RPM tops,roughing out 30-50.

Reactions: fishingpol
Uhhhhhhhh........... may not be an expert, but I have a better grasp on it than he does.

Yep Luke, looks like a little frame adjustment is gonna be needed after that load doesn't it? WOW

Expensive wood right there.

I've seen those pics before. Maybe at the sane other site. I don't recall how far it was driven. Remind me please.

Ouch. That's where you call your buddy who owes you a favor and tell him to bring the dump truck. Or hitch the trailer to a tractor. Slow going, but you don't ruin your truck.

Ummm.....WOW....that is some serious stupid right there. Lucky they didn't pop the trailer tires. And that truck will never be the same.

Looks better than the S-10 I saw at Menard's with a full skid of shingles in the bed. Tires blown out, and probably some other busted stuff too.

He made it about 30' past the yard gate.

Looks better than the S-10 I saw at Menard's with a full skid of shingles in the bed. Tires blown out, and probably some other busted stuff too.

He made it about 30' past the yard gate.

Too bad no pictures.

What a flippin idiot!!! Great way to destroy your truck and trailer!!
Here is his sign......

And I seem to recall a thread here a while back where someone claimed it was impossible to overload a 1 ton truck with wood!!! So I guess they should have put the log in the back of his truck.
Those are the size logs I used to put in the 10 wheeler.

He might have had a prayer if the log was pushed about 10' back.

Status
Not open for further replies.