heirloom fruit tree nursery in New England.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btuser

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2009
Principality of Pontinha
I'm looking to start about 20-30 fruit trees on my property this Spring. Does anyone know a nursery in New England (online would be great, but I'm looking for local) that specializes in heirloom/cider apple and fruit trees? I don't mind bare root, but if potted trees are reasonable I wouldn't mind driving and getting to be 2-3yrs ahead.

I've found a few sites online but mostly West Coast.

Cummins or Cummings nursery somewhere in New York, is that considered New England. They have a great web site. I've ordered twice and been satisfied with the trees, wide selection of varieties, rootstocks and sizes available. Good prices also.

Miller Nurseries in Canandaigua, NY (near to Rochester) has a great selection of heirloom apple trees.

I second the suggestion of Miller Nurseries. You might also check out Nourse farms - they might have only berry bushes though, I can't remember. They are in MA.

My wife's uncle runs a nursery near Woburn, MA if that's in an area you are looking for . . . I can get the info for you

also, we have bought a good number of apple and cherry trees from Gurneys.com not the greatest on the "heirloom" type stuff, but have a pretty good overall selection of trees. They mostly come bareroot in the 2-5 ft range.

Also St Lawrence nurseries in Potsdam NY. I ordered some bushes and stuff but haven't recieved it yet.

They have a great selection of varieties but they only sell 2-4 foot trees and only standard Anotovka rootstock, no dwarfs. $20 a tree, fair price IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.