Hello 2015-16 !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
Well all I have to do now is split and stack and I will be warm untill 2016. With the weather this season I don't think I will burn 3 full cords so I stopped a little short of what I normaly scrounge. This was from just two scrounges this season, mostly white and some red and black oak mixed in.

IMG_3334a.jpg

IMG_3333a.jpg

I finally got to break the 362 in last weekend, barely though, under three tanks of gas. I am going to like this saw.
Really I'd like to pick up a couple loads of cherry to mix in, this was the first year I ended up with all oak. Not complaining though, at least its not poplar.

Awesome! That's a good looking haul of primo wood! I'm burning a lot of 2.5 year seasoned red oak this season and it's burning well - after this year, all my wood will have 4 years in the stack - looking forward to that 4 year old red oak next year! Nice work! Cheers!

Nice looking wood.
You've taken "being ahead" to a new level. Sweet!
BWSav will be proud of/for you. :)

Nice wood and lots of it. I hope to be there soon too.

JoeyD said:
Well all I have to do now is split and stack and I will be warm untill 2016. With the weather this season I don't think I will burn 3 full cords so I stopped a little short of what I normaly scrounge. This was from just two scrounges this season, mostly white and some red and black oak mixed in.

I finally got to break the 362 in last weekend, barely though, under three tanks of gas. I am going to like this saw.
Really I'd like to pick up a couple loads of cherry to mix in, this was the first year I ended up with all oak. Not complaining though, at least its not poplar.

Nice work JoeyD, looks like some nice btu's in your yard.

zap

Nice lookin' Oak scores!
Wow, is all that wood cross-stacked?!
JoeyD said:
Really I'd like to pick up a couple loads of cherry to mix in, this was the first year I ended up with all oak.
Gotta have some medium-heat wood in the mix somewhere...love the way that Cherry burns and smells. The score I'm working on now has two blown-down, both around 18". Green wood, under 30% MC. What's not to like? :)

Gotta love a whole lot of wood in the yard . . . always a good feeling.

Dave, yes, Backwoods savage is where I learned. :)

Thanks Zap, though my wood processing operation pales in comparison to what you have going on up there. I think in another life you must have been a beaver. :)

Woody, yep all cross stacked. I leave my wood uncovered the first year it is stacked and split then cover the top until I use it.

looks good, get 'er split and stacked and you can take a year or two off...

Looking good Joey. Soon you'll surpass zap and solar!

Status
Not open for further replies.