HELP! 25PVDC exhaust blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

breklaw

Oct 21, 2008
Central MA
Well, I've gone and done it. One of the blades on my combustion blower has broken off. I'll order a new one Monday, but wonder if anybody has just the fan that they could part with, or the whole assembly with maybe a burnt out motor or bearing gone. I could maybe use it as a spare. I'm gonna try to get by with 2 opposite blades missing until Tuesday. I HATE BURNING OIL!
THX!
bill

breklaw said:
Well, I've gone and done it. One of the blades on my combustion blower has broken off. I'll order a new one Monday, but wonder if anybody has just the fan that they could part with, or the whole assembly with maybe a burnt out motor or bearing gone. I could maybe use it as a spare. I'm gonna try to get by with 2 opposite blades missing until Tuesday. I HATE BURNING OIL!
THX!
bill

Any stove shops nearby that might have an old blower/fan laying around? A lot of the different stoves use the same blower units.....you might get lucky.

I think you should be ok until Tuesday but I definitely wouldn't leave the fire unattended until then. I've seen Englander blower motors on the shelf at a Home Depot down in Philly but that was the only Depot I've seen parts on the self. Maybe a Grainger or Turtle Hughes might have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.