Help finding info about wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tjhowell63

Jan 17, 2022
Outer Banks of NC
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a good deal on a wood stove sitting out on someone's porch. After getting it home, I found it to be in excellent condition. On the back, it has a tag that says "Oak Stove Marshall, NC" Has anybody ever heard of this brand? A google search came up empty. The stove has a rectangular to 6" round stovepipe coming out of it. It is rusted totally out. It measures about 4-1/2 x 15". I can't find anything on that either. Any help would be appreciated.

While it's unlikely I can help, a few pics would increase the chance that help can be given.

("excellent condition" vs "totally rusted out"...?)

Reactions: D. Hermit
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a good deal on a wood stove sitting out on someone's porch. After getting it home, I found it to be in excellent condition. On the back, it has a tag that says "Oak Stove Marshall, NC" Has anybody ever heard of this brand? A google search came up empty. The stove has a rectangular to 6" round stovepipe coming out of it. It is rusted totally out. It measures about 4-1/2 x 15". I can't find anything on that either. Any help would be appreciated.
You’re describing a Fireplace Insert with a boot adapter??

Does it have legs?
Is tag very readable? Could it say Buck Stove Mitchell NC?

Reactions: clancey