Help identify my new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MySilentSong

Nov 25, 2020
ME
Just purchased this stove yesterday. Hubby and I have both looked it over and can't find any name or serial number on it. We want to learn more!!
PXL_20201125_160543910.jpgPXL_20201125_160516647.MP.jpgPXL_20201125_160511140.jpgPXL_20201125_160501982.jpg

Looks like a homebrew stove out of a metal shop. Without even a simple baffle this will chew through wood like candy.

Looks like a homebrew stove out of a metal shop. Without even a simple baffle this will chew through wood like candy.
It does have a baffle plate, it's just not in the correct position at the moment. From what I've seen looking around the web, the closest we can find to a stove like this is the old Tempwoods. I've noticed that they don't have a gasket. Is this something that isn't needed on a top loader like it would be on front load wood stove?

Yes, the Tempwood design is what this reminded me of too. This is a non-UL appliance, so check with your insurance company and local inspecting authority to be sure it is legal to install. If it is, the stove will need 36" clearances in all directions.