Help Identifying Frontenac Wood Stove Manufacturer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hondabacon

Dec 3, 2018
Minnesota
Looking for who made this stove. Trying to see if I can find a manual. Looks very familiar to Fisher Grandma or Grandpa Bear. Any help would be appreciated. Says Frontenac on the left door with a picture of a moose and some pine trees.

Attachments

• Woodstove 1.jpg
    Woodstove 1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Woodstove 2.jpg
    Woodstove 2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 282
What do you need a manual for?

When it was built? Proper maintenance, official specs, parts. UL info. Just anything. Just bought a house with it in it and would like to know what I got.

When it was built? Proper maintenance, official specs, parts. UL info. Just anything. Just bought a house with it in it and would like to know what I got.
It was probably built in the early 80s.
Proper maintenance is make sure the doors fit right connector pipe is in good condition and everything is clean.
I doubt you will get any premade parts. And there may not have been any official specs.
I am sure it wasnt ul listed but even if it was unless the tag is there it no longer is listed.
All of the clearances and operation info for any of the many fishers or their copies apply.

Stoves were manufactured in Bemidji Minnesota in the early 1980's by Fenske welding. Look on the inside of the door after u clean it up. The stoves were very well built and are still sought-after today.