Help... leaking smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Biomass40

Jan 13, 2018
Michigan
Have a biomass 40 , cleaned it all out before burning and cant keep smoke from leaking from the door. Replaced seal on the door and still leaks. What can i do to stop it ?

Are the hinges on the door adjusted? Does it leak at just one spot? (if so where) Does it only leak with the fan on, or all the time?

Are the hinges on the door adjusted? Does it leak at just one spot? (if so where) Does it only leak with the fan on, or all the time?

Have not adjusted hinges only latch.
Leaks on the top and left side, only leaks when fan is on.

I didn't find any info on hinge adjustment in the manual, so I don't know if they are adjustable. You will have to look and see if there are adjustments. You can also do a paper test to see if the door is tight. I noticed you have another thread asking about cleaning the boiler tubes. If you have a blocked tube you could have a lot of air pressure in the boiler, and it has to go somewhere. The door seal is the weakest point. I would recommend getting the tubes clean, and see if the problem goes away.

I didn't find any info on hinge adjustment in the manual, so I don't know if they are adjustable. You will have to look and see if there are adjustments. You can also do a paper test to see if the door is tight. I noticed you have another thread asking about cleaning the boiler tubes. If you have a blocked tube you could have a lot of air pressure in the boiler, and it has to go somewhere. The door seal is the weakest point. I would recommend getting the tubes clean, and see if the problem goes away.

There is build up in the tubes i pull out the inserts they were hard to get out so i think this might be the problem? Build up all on the sides. By cleaning these tubes should help?

There is build up in the tubes i pull out the inserts they were hard to get out so i think this might be the problem? Build up all on the sides. By cleaning these tubes should help?
Yes if you get the tubes down to bare metal, or as clean as you can. It should stop that issue. You should clean them weekly until you get a feel for how dirty they get, this will also increase efficiency. I would also guess you are burning wood that is not dry enough yet.

Yes if you get the tubes down to bare metal, or as clean as you can. It should stop that issue. You should clean them weekly until you get a feel for how dirty they get, this will also increase efficiency. I would also guess you are burning wood that is not dry enough yet.

My wood is dr

Ok thank you im going to get tubes cleaned and hope that it fixes the problem. I appreciate all the help buddy. I will let u know after i get them cleaned if it helped.