Help! My house is too hot....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briand1023

Oct 16, 2010
RI
I know...one would not think this would be a bad thing but this morning is was 87 degrees in my house...let me give you the details.

I have a Englander 25 PVDC, you can see it at this link, if you are not familiar with the model.
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/buildi...t-satin-black-pellet-burning-stove-64696.html

Last season I burned Appling County pellets and the season I am burning Hamers Hot Ones.

Last season when the temp dipped to low 40's overnight I would put a bag of Appling in the stove and turn it on 1/3 and the house would stay about 70 degrees.
This season with the Hamers in the stove and same outdoor temps and all other variables the same, the house is in the 80's...too warm AND the pellets are burning faster, I would get just shy of 12 hours on 1/3 with Appling now I am getting close to 8 hours with the Hamers on 1/3(feed rate and blower settings).

Another difference is that the flame is higher, the flame goes well past the top of the window where the appling county never burned more than a 6" flame.

Now I know the pellets are different and I am guessing I have to change a feed rate or air rate(all terms I have read on here at some time) but I do not know where to start and don't want to screw up my stove and thats why I am here looking for help.

Thanks
Brian

Open a window? :) The pellet guys should be able to help sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.