Help on Hooking up he blower on my Quad 5100i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spur0701

Jun 12, 2008
Southern Maryland
I bought a used Quad 5100i on CL, it's installed and ready to go except when I picked it up the lower grill with the blower connections was disconnected.....I've got he manual I downloaded off the Quad web site but must be an airhead 'cause after reading the section about the wiring harness I still don't undersand how everything should connnect and my best guess results in nothing happening.

On the left of the grill there is a rherostat with a white female and a black male wire, there is also an on/off switch with two male connectors.

On both the left and right side of the grill there are a blue male and a red male connectors....those are for the power cord, so it can be located eiher on the left or the right sides.

So coming off the right side of the harness are four connectors:

Red female labeled "bypass switch"
Blue female labeled "bypass switch"
Red female labeled "speed control"
Blue male labeled "speed control"

So I connected the two "bypass swicths" to the on/off switch and the two "speed conrol" ones to the rherostat....nothing else makes sense to me but nothing works.......could the on/off switch or the rherostat be burned out? Could the "snap disc" listed in the manual be burned out, would that cause this? Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Solved the problem: the rehostat was bad, burned out...replaced it and everthing is fine....except one of the blower fans is starting to go I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.