HELP! VOGELZANG PELLET STOVE WONT WORK!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crzybengallady

Apr 21, 2021
I've had this stove a few years. Lately it's been switching from Celsius to Farenheit on it's own back and forth sporadically. When shutting down the last few times, the fire would go out and the blower would run until it was cool and then when it would shut off, it would turn itself on again.

I came home to the stove out of pellets and the blower still running cold long after it should have turned off. Hit the power button, nothing. So i unplugged it.
Later after cleaning it out, I plugged it back on, the red light showed power but none of the buttons will work to turn it on. Tried resetting the hi-limit switch, it's not tripped. Unplugged the control board and stove for a while, still nothing.
Do I need a new control board or could it be something else?

Mods, please move this thread out of pellet fuel reviews. I didn’t see it until now.

What model Vogelzang? Is it a 5770 or 5790 or something else? I have a 5770.

Switching back and forth from C to F, and the power button not working, I’d say the pushbutton board is shot. Only other thing that could cause that is if the remote is nearby and a button is jammed or shorted.

When my low limit switch gets dirty or starts going out, it kicks the room fan back on for a bit after the stove is shut off. I would give the stove and pipe a good cleaning,also clean behind the bolted side ash traps, and remove the combustion blower and clean in there. And remove the low limit switch above the blower and clean off the soot. I just replaced my low limit switch for the 2nd time but it’s been running over 5 years.

I keep a spare board on hand but haven’t had to use it yet. Highly recommended to plug any pellet stove into a surge protector.

Here’s a link to a board test. Scroll down a bit. This should help a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABusWrench